A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Friday, June 25, 2010

Not At Home

God whispers: "Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:6 NIV


OK! Let's have some fun! Remember this song?! It sure brings back memories of Sunday night church as a little girl in Kentucky. Come and enjoy the past time...



Today was one of those crazy filled days where you go nonstop at 100 mph! Just before the kid's nap time was over, I sat down for a couple minutes to catch my breath. In a moment of rare stillness, I looked around our new home and thought, "How did I get here?" We just moved 2000 miles away from home. Our deepest conversations recently always end with, "It was nice to meet you," and the GPS is our newest best friend. Nothing is familiar. There's no one here I can call my friend and go meet for coffee. Our house is the most familiar place but it still isn't like the home we left in Louisville. And the trip to the grocery store takes at least 30 minutes longer because it's not my usual store! (I use to be a super shopper at the grocery store!)

However, I'm thankful for all the unfamiliarity. God has whispered in my heart the truth about this world...it is not our final home. And as long as we are on this earth, we are away from God. So I'm ok with not feeling at home because I know my final home is with God! I'm just passing through!

I encourage you to enjoy the ride while it last but keep your eye on eternity with our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment