A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thank You, My Friend

Thank you.
Such simple words. A gesture any child can learn with a simple sign even before they speak. A phrase most commonly learned in the first day of a foreign language class. A saying used by all people, all over the world, with all backgrounds, day and night.

So how is it possible to truly express to someone a pure and deep felt thank you…
a thank you for their friendship?

How can I ever thank the God above for putting people in my life that become more than a simple greeting and grow into a committed, faithful and enduring relationship that lasts through time, distance and trials?

Thinking of the special people in my life,
Some friends were brief.
Some friends were seasonal.
Others are meant for a lifetime, planned out before it grew into existence.
But all of them are considered friends.

If you have ever…
Laughed with me
Met me for coffee
Chatted on the phone with me longer than expected
Sent me a personal e-mail
Studied God’s Word with me
Cried with me
Listened to me
Opened up your heart to me
Stayed a little longer while visiting our home
Deeply prayed with me
Lived with me
Sent a text message that only you and I could understand…
Then please know that my heart deeply thanks God for you.

I will never be able to creatively compose beautiful words or powerful writings to express what you mean to me but please remember this:
God put you in my life.
I never want to take you for granted.
And when we get to heaven, I want a thousand years with each of you!

So, for now, I leave you with the simple words…

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment