A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When God is Silent


God whispers: "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The sky displays his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a word or sound; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world." Psalm 19:1-4
It's been some time since I last wrote. I've been waiting for God to reveal His next word to me. But it's been silent. I kept asking God to speak. I wanted to hear His voice. I wanted a new lesson to learn from hearing Him speak to my heart. But it has been silent still.
The amazing thing about it is, although He has been quiet, I have still felt His presence. Every time I see Mt. Rainier in all it's glory, as a giant towering among the surrounding mountains, I know God is still present. As I've stood as a small speck along the massive ocean, roaring so loud it over-powers all sounds around me, I still feel His presence. And as I sit in my "tent of meeting" each morning, quiet and alone, I still feel His presence.
We may not always have a specific word or message from God. However, He constantly reveals himself in so many ways. How can one ever think He is not present? Please, open your eyes and see all that God has created. It may be small, it may be massive. But God created it. And when it is revealed to you, take a moment to feel the presence of our almighty God. And praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment