A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

When The Tears Fall

God Whispers: "Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go plant their seeds but they sing as they return with the harvest. Psalm 126:5-6

During the last 6 months, we have shed many tears. Troy and I love our home in Louisville. Leaving our family and friends behind has been heartbreaking. After spending 6 weeks in WA, we both feel as though we have enjoyed our time here and now are ready to return home. We face the reality that we are not going in anywhere for some time.

This life of being a military family with an unsettling future and being told where to live was never our plan when we began our journey and life together. We imagined comfortably living in Louisville and raising our family in one home. God had other plans.

Even knowing this is God's plan, I cannot say we do not have sad days. As the reality of the situation is setting in, it seems as though it has only gotten harder. But I must add that with every tear shed, it is accompanied by an overwhelming sense of peace. I can honestly say that I believe our sadness is not in vain. I know there is a greater purpose beyond what we can see. Joy will come. A harvest will grow. I don't know if I'll ever see the harvest on this side of heaven but I will hold on to hope knowing I will see it someday.

I will wait on God. I will trust in God. And I will continue to plant the seeds even through the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment