A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday's Favorite: Birthday

It's FRIDAY!!!

What has been your favorite moment this week?

I had several within one...
celebrating my son's 8th birthday!

Moving 2400 miles away from all we ever knew has made our family traditions twist this way and that.
Birthdays before our move always were defined by family...

Siblings
Cousins
Aunts
Uncles
Grandparents

Now what? 
One thing's stayed the same...

Family.

Creativity ran the course planning out skype times with grandparents.


For a boy with milk allergies, a special, homemade, cheeseless pizza highlighted the evening.


Of course, a birthday wouldn't be a birthday without a bit of spoiling our new 8 year old a few special gifts.



The evening fades with shiny candles, a big breath and a wish come true.


What a blessed week!

Until next Friday, wishing you many favorites!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture of him blowing out his candles That is just the perfect childhood moment with the cheeks puffed, half of the candles blown out, and the fun soccer ball cake!

    Ironically enough, my favorite moment this week was Skyping with my sister and niece! We moved away from all of my family a few years ago and Skype makes it possible for us to see my niece growing up, which happens way too fast in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I love that picture, too. I call that a great accident! ;) So thankful it turned out!

    Yes, moving away is sooo hard but skype really does help. I'm glad you get to still see your neice...that's huge! Glad you had that special moment. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My five year old got her first hair cut! Bittersweet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Savannah...those firsts are always good and exciting yet coupled with a little ache. Glad it was a favorite!

    ReplyDelete