A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday's Favorites!

After long days of potty training, picking up toys and on a good day, catching up on laundry,
a family supper is just what I long for all day. 

Daddy's finally home and delicious food is waiting to be devoured.  
I find myself trying to soak a moment to sit and relax;
 however, in a shorter time than it took to prepare, the kids are off to play. 

And then dirty dishes decorate the table.  Crumbs encircle each chair, including Daddy's. :)

More often than not, before the rush of evening and bedtimes and Bible story begins,
my loving husband asks the question,
"What was your favorite part of the day?"

One by one, sweet little voices shout out their answers...

"Buying Oreos from Target!"

"Getting stickers on my chart!"

"Finishing 'Charlotte's Web'!"

Ahh, the sounds of our favorites.  It doesn't get any better than this!

Each Friday, I invite you to join me in sharing your
Friday's Favorites. 
You have an entire week to decide what was most special to you. 
You may have one...you may have many. 

I'll start...

Watching my son enjoy soccer camp everyday this week.


On Wednesday, my daughter watered the garden.

Monday evening, my youngest held my hand rather than running with the others during an evening walk.

On Sunday, my husband and I bought plane tickets home!!

I so look forward to hearing your responses! 
May God truly open your eyes to the many blessings He has gifted you with each of your days.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beth Ann, Just found you through BlogFrog. So glad!! thanks for sharing your blessings with us. Enjoy every sweet moment. Blessings, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are potty training at my house too! My favorite part of the day is just the simple unplaneed, unpredictible moments when my children share, are kind to each other, and when they say something sweet for no reason at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning one of my students walked in and gave me a beautifully handmade birthday card that her mom said she worked very hard on and sweet birthday wishes (I work in special education, and my birthday is in May :). Although her timing seemed off, it was just right. She made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deb. So glad to "meet" you! :)

    "ImperfectPeople", I'm on our 3rd time potty training but I still think it won't ever end. ha ha! It did the first two times so it will again. And yes, those unplanned moments are usually the best!

    Rebecca, how beautiful! You are such a blessing to so many people, I'm sure! May God repay you 100xs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed the Friday deadline but will drop a blessing off on a Monday night here in Papua New Guinea.

    Have been praying for a ministry to open up for us with our mission stateside as the time has come for us to return home. Our hearts are to stay connected with those reaching the unreached and God has so honored that.

    Grateful for the encouragement I receive from yours and several other blogs I read. It's been a touch of refreshment for me as we have ministered across the sea. Grateful for the internet which works most of the time for us.
    Grateful God does not put an age limit on using people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Betty! What a beautiful comment! I will lift up prayers for you and that God will show you exactly where He wants you. He has great plans with your name written in them! Thanks for reading and sharing your favorites...even if it's Monday! :)

    Beth Ann

    ReplyDelete