A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Little Feet. Big Lessons.

Benjamin.

Just saying his name makes me giggle. 

Of my three little ones,
he's the only one who wears ketchup on his face all day long. 
Hiding behind three empty chocolate milk cups usually sits
2 clean smiles and one chocolate smile.
After a long day in the sun, Benjamin lay on his bed as I grabbed the newly packaged baby wipes, fresh in scent,
to wipe his little black feet. 

As I began to clean his little toes, on top, below and in between,
my thoughts wander to Christ in the Upper Room.

What would it have been like for Jesus to wash my feet? 
I can only imagine the humility that swarmed the room as the disciples sat in silence...waiting for their turn.   

"Jesus knew that the Father had put him in complete charge of everything, that he came from God and was on his way back to God. So he got up from the supper table, set aside his robe, and put on an apron. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the feet of the disciples, drying them with his apron."
(John 13:3 Msg.)

Jesus Christ. 
Put in charge of everything.
Cleaning the feet of sinners.
A true servant.

I love how the Holy Spirit speaks to our hearts...
ever so quietly...ever so gently...in such little ways. 

The Holy Spirit used little feet to walk me down a path 
of remembrance of our beautiful Savior,
a servant.

The Holy Spirit used little feet to bring to mind
the importance of serving,
as Christ did.

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served,
but to serve..."

(Mark 10:45 NIV)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious and beautifully written - LOVE the pic of little Benjamin, too. Little girls are special, but there's definitely a different kind of "special" between mother and son. Mine is 18 and in college and still melts my heart. Thank you for sharing this! So glad to have met you, my BFF from the Blog Frog. Be blessed today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Debbie! I cannot imagine how it must be have your little one go to college! I know you have many blessing through watching him grow. :) Thanks for stopping by! God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete