A gentle whisper from the LORD...

"Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." 1 Kings 19:11-12

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Moment to Confess

If I were truly honest with you, I would tell you...

Even if my house was clean and neat the last time you were here, most days it's not.


I drink too much coffee.


I still get scared in the dark.

I'm 35 years old and still love the color pink. 

I have to pray every night that the Lord will help me get up in the morning...I'm not a morning person!


I'm extremely self-conscious around people.

Today, I was not a sweet mama to my children. 
I posted about Christ serving...it was meant for me more than for you...I forget sometimes my main job is to serve my children.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."
(Ephesians 2:8-9, NIV)



7 comments:

  1. I confess...that if I had to move my fridge, washer and dryer or oven while you were here you may never come back or eat anything i make. That I, too, yelled at my kids. That I posted about honoring your parents so that I would remember why I must teach this and model it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so much alike...guess that's why I like you so much :) You are definitely NOT alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah, oh good! You sound normal. ;) Thanks for reading this and sharing! Hi "Harrington Family"! :) So glad you can relate. I like you, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. every normal person is working hard to do their best and they are just like you. me included I am glad I found your blog. I think we are going to enjoy each other's blogs very much.
    Check out All things Purple at:
    http://iheartpurplestuff.blogspot.com
    hope you like what you see and join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Purple Lady"...nice to "meet" you. I look forward to checking out your blog as well. Thanks for reading and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reaading about your days. It reminds me how it was when my children were young They are now in their 20's and I am a grandma. The years go so fast, enjoy all God has for you in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne, thanks for your encouraging words. I hear all the time how fast it goes. I will say the short 8 yrs. I've been a mama have gone fast. Enjoy your grandchildren...I hear that's absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for sharing and reading.

    ReplyDelete